What is “Certibiocide”?
“Certibiocide” is an individual certificate issued to a natural person. For example, employees brought to handle biocides, not the company itself. The training needed to obtain it takes 3 days, which is 21 hours. The topics covered are:
- Rodenticides products
- Waste management
- Self assessment
However, if the employee holds a certificate (less than 5 years) or a valid certificate of individual training "certiphyto", then the training is shortened to one day. The themes remain the same.
Once the training has been received, it’s up to the employee to request “certibiocide” card on the Simmbad.fr website and to print it. It is valid for 5 years.
Who is concerned?
Professionals, distributors or biocide buyers are grouped under the name “users of Biocidal products”. This decree only concerns Biocidal products used or sold to professionals, if the product is sold to the general public then the users are not affected by this decree.
Moreover, only certain biocide product types (PT) are concerned by the “certibiocide”. In fact, the types 8, 14, 15, 18 and 23as defined in Annex V of the decree of May 19, 2004 are specifically targeted.
These are reserved for TP following professional uses:
- Wood preservation products
- Insecticides, acaricides and products to control other arthropods
- Products used to fight against vertebrate pests
For all companies:
- Period of three months starting from the commencement of the employment contract of the employee to the “certibiocide”
- Annual electronic declaration for the updating of the data from the Minister of the Environment
Specifics for distribution companies:
- Keep updated a sales register for: products, quantity bought and the number of “certibiocide” of the buyers
Lastly, the texts do not provide for sanctions for non-implementation of the order. However, this does not mean that offenders should not be worried: a judge could consider a lack of ‘certibiocide’ as an offense to the penal code, among others.
If you are a manufacturer and you are unsure of your compliance, please contact our experts via email@example.com a diagnosis of your company.