What are the obligations related to SVHCs?
Obligations for the manufacturer or importer of articles
1) Notify ECHA of your SVHCs from 1 June 2011
If your articles contain SVHCs, you must inform ECHA if:
- The substance is found in your articles at more than 0.1% w/w AND
- The total amount of the substance in your articles is greater than 1 tonne per year AND
- The substance has not already been registered under REACH for this use.
2) Inform your customers of the presence of SVHCs
- The supplier must spontaneously inform his customer.
- When requested by a consumer, the supplier is required to reply within 45 days on the presence of SVHCs in the article in question.
UPSTREAM USER OBLIGATIONS
- Set up a Chemical Safety Report (CSR).
- If your SVHC is also listed in Annex XIV, you must notify ECHA within 3 months after the first delivery of the substance.