Identity of Dipentylphthalate
|IUPAC name||1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dipentyl ester|
Hazard classification of Dipentylphthalate
|HAZARDOUS TO THE AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT||● H400: Very toxic to aquatic life
● H412: Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|VERY HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH||● H350: May cause cancer
● H340: May cause genetic defects
● H360: May damage fertility or the unborn child
● H371: May cause damage to organs
● H304: May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways
● H334: May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
Dipentylphthalate in Annex XIV of REACH
|Key regulatory information|
|Intrinsic property for which it was included in Annex XIV of REACH||Toxic for reproduction (category 1B), skin sensitizer|
|Sunset date||4 July 2020|
|Latest date to submit the authorisation dossier to ECHA||4 January 2019|
|Who is concerned by REACH authorisation?|
|Main industries concerned||Polymers|
EcoMundo’s advice to succeed in your authorisation application
Recommendations for your authorisation dossier
- The substance entered Annex XIV of REACH for its toxic for reproduction properties
- As the substance does not have a threshold, the "Socio-economic Analysis" route will be chosen. This analysis will have to show that the benefits related to the granting of the authorisation outweigh the risks associated.
- Whether the substance works with a threshold or not is not determined for these endocrine disruptors.
- In addition to the CSR and Analysis of Alternatives, the applicant will have to conduct a socio-economic analysis for the dossier.
- The preferred methodology to conduct the socio-economic analysis of the authorisation application is the cost/benefit analysis.
- Key elements of a successful authorisation dossier:
- A specific request with the most elements possible in relation to your activity
- Transparence and realism of the hypotheses and data as all elements produced will be challenged by the committees or stakeholders
- The “applied for use” and “non-use” scenarios are essential for the relevance of the socio-economic analysis
Recommandations de planning
- The creation of a dossier is usually between 6 and 18 months depending on the complexity of the dossier (intrinsic properties of the substance, complexity of the applicants’ value and production chain.
- The Latest Application date for this substance is 04/01/2019, the last submission window is on November 2018.
- It is therefore recommended to start the creation of the dossier immediately (september 2017).
You want to know more on the Candidate List substances?
For more information on SVHCs, do not hesitate to contact our expert Rémi Escola on +33 9 72 26 09 56 for Europe or +1 (778) 234 1607 for North America or via email at [email protected]
1-bromopropane was included in Annex XIV of REACH on 14th June 2017. It will be banned in Europe from...
N-pentyl-isopentylphtalate was included in Annex XIV of REACH on 14th June 2017. It will be banned in... Read more
Bis(2-methoxyethyl) phthalate was included in Annex XIV of REACH on 14th June 2017. It will be...