12 new substances could be added to the Annex XIV of the REACH regulation, also known as « Authorisation List »:
- 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, dihexyl ester, branched and linear
EC No: 271-093-5; CAS No: 68515-50-4
- Dihexyl phthalate
EC No: 201-559-5; CAS No: 84-75-3
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, di-C6-10-alkyl esters; 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, mixed decyl and hexyl and octyl diesters with ≥ 0.3% of dihexyl phthalate (EC No. 201-559-5)
EC No: 271-094-0; 272-013-1; CAS No: 68515-51-5; 68648-93-1
- Trixylyl phosphate
EC No: 246-677-8; CAS No: 25155-23-1
- Sodium perborate; perboric acid, sodium salt
EC No: 239-172-9; 234-390-0; CAS No: -
- Sodium peroxometaborate
EC No: 231-556-4; CAS No: 7632-04-4
- 5-sec-butyl-2-(2,4-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1-yl)-5-methyl-1,3-dioxane , 5-sec-butyl-2-(4,6-dimethylcyclohex-3-en-1-yl)-5-methyl-1,3-dioxane  [covering any of the individual stereoisomers of  and  or any combination thereof] (karanal group)
EC No: -; CAS No: -
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-ditertpentylphenol (UV-328)
EC No: 247-384-8; CAS No: 25973-55-1
- 2,4-di-tert-butyl-6-(5-chlorobenzotriazol-2-yl)phenol (UV-327)
EC No: 223-383-8; CAS No: 3864-99-1
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4-(tert-butyl)-6-(sec-butyl)phenol (UV-350)
EC No: 253-037-1; CAS No: 36437-37-3
- 2-benzotriazol-2-yl-4,6-di-tert-butylphenol (UV-320)
EC No: 223-346-6; CAS No: 3846-71-7
- Diazene-1,2-dicarboxamide (C,C'-azodi(formamide)) (ADCA)
EC No: 204-650-8; CAS No: 123-77-3
It is only a draft regulation, for now. Before the formal inclusion of the substances to the Authorisation List there are still some steps: formal control by the European Parliament and by the European Council.
EcoMundo will keep you updated with the procedure’s progress, but it is reasonable to estimate the formal inclusion of the above-mentioned substances to Annex XIV around November 2019.
REACH’s Annex XIV is the list of banned or to-be-banned substances (for use and marketing purposes) in the European Union, except for companies holding an authorisation.
EcoMundo guides you through the process of the application for authorisation and helps you evaluate your needs. Our experts, with proven experience of numerous dossiers, will advise you on the strategy to follow.
Want to know more on applications for Authorisation?
For more information on Authorisations, do not hesitate to contact our expert Fangcun Zhou by phone: +33 1 83 64 20 54 for Europe or +1 (778) 234 1607 for North America or even send him an email at [email protected]
ECHA has updated the SVHC Candidate List, which indexes Substances of Very High Concern. The list now contains...Read more
After nearly a dozen dossiers submitted to ECHA, EcoMundo has accumulated a huge know-how in Authorisation...Read more