EcoMundo is the French market leader for Authorisation. The company has developed a unique methodology aimed at optimising the ability of Authorisation applications to obtain the required review period from the European authorities.
A multi-disciplinary team of
Skill synergy in
compiling the dossiers
100% success for
dossiers submitted since 2015
Company : Nexter
Industry sector : Defence
Review period obtained: 12 yearsSee the dossier on ECHA's website
Challenges: The NEXTER Group is a major European player in the defence industry. As part of its industrial activities, NEXTER uses chromium trioxide in several surface treatment applications necessary to maintain operational conditions for a range of defence equipment. In order to safeguard its use, Nexter chose EcoMundo for the submission of a joint Authorisation dossier.
Solutions : EcoMundo took responsibility for drafting the three documents comprising the REACH Authorisation application (Chemical Safety Report, Analysis of Alternatives and Socio-economic Analysis).
The keys to the successful approach were :
- • Clear definition of the scope of the Authorisation (four distinct usages defined)
- • Intelligent assessment of the impacts of a ‘non-use’ scenario (direct/indirect and quantitative/qualitative impacts).
- • Precise description of the activities carried out and the modelling of the exposures (definition of the contributory scenarios specific to the activities carried out)
- • Complete mastery by the EcoMundo experts of the various skill levels required for creating an Authorisation dossier.
Results : The Authorisation application was submitted in November 2015 and the ECHA’s favourable opinions were published in September 2016. ECHA’s expert committees recommended the requested Authorisation period, including long periods (12 years), without any additional restrictive conditions.
Company : Safran Aircraft Engines (formerly Snecma)
Industry sector : Aeronautics
Duration obtained : 10 yearsSee the dossier on ECHA's website
Challenges : Safran Aircraft Engines is a global leader in the manufacture of aircraft propulsion systems. As part of its activities, Safran Aircraft Engines uses chromium trioxide-based paints for the coating of specific parts as a means of guaranteeing performance and safety of critical rotary components in both civil and military aircrafts’ engines. In order to secure their use over time, Safran AE sought the help of EcoMundo to prepare the REACH Authorisation application.
Solutions : The success of the Authorisation application for Safran Aircraft Engines was built around several key items, notably :
- • A precise definition of the scope of the Authorisation
- • An intelligent quantification of the functional requirements and the performance levels required, based on several previous experiences.fonctionnelles et des niveaux de performances nécessaires s’appuyant sur des retours d’expériences passées
- • The identification of a realistic, well developed, ‘non-use’ scenario, based on the specifics of the industrial and regulatory requirements for the parts concerned.
- • A very precise assessment of all the impacts in the dossier using an extremely robust methodology.
Results : The Authorisation application was submitted in February 2016, and the opinions of the ECHA recommended an acceptance of the Authorisation durations requested by Safran Aircraft Engines (10 years), without any additional restrictive conditions.
Company : Eurenco
Industry sector : Energetic materialsSee the dossier on ECHA's website
Challenges : EURENCO is a leading European manufacturer of energetic materials intended for defence or commercial markets. As part of its industrial activities, EURENCO uses 1,2-Dichloroethane (DCE) in the production of an energetic oligomer used mainly as a solid propellant for missiles and as a gas generator for a system of emergency assistance given to submarines. As the DCE is included in the Annex XIV of the REACH Authroisation, EURENCO chose EcoMundo to carry out the submission of a joint Authorisation dossier.
Solutions : EcoMundo took over the realisation of the whole Authorisation dossier: Chemical Safety Report, Alternative Solutions Report and Socio-economic Analysis. EcoMundo’s experience regarding REACH Authorisation enabled an optimisation of the whole procedure, especially through the use of dedicated data collection tools, as well as the expert use of exposure substance modelling tools and advanced Socio-economic Analysis tools.
Results : The Authorisation dossier was submitted in February 2016. ECHA’s expert committees recommended the Authorisation period requested by EURENCO, without any additional restrictive conditions.